Here are links to some of the best books on software development around. These cover a wide range of topics including general programming, design, patterns, project management, distributed programming, language specifics and even a little philosophy. We hope you find these useful and interesting.
Here are a set of references that are specific to the C++ language, even though they contain some useful advice from a general programming perspective.
- Large Scale C++ Design by John S. Lakos
- Modern C++ Design by Andrei Alexandrescu
- Effective STL by Scott Meyers
- More Effective C++ by Scott Meyers
- Effective C++ by Scott Meyers
- The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup
- The C Programming Language by Kernighan & Ritchie
- Design Patterns by Gamma, Helm, Johnson & Vlissides
- The Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup
- The Annotated C++ Reference Manual by M. A. Ellis & Bjarne Stroustrup
- Programming with POSIX Threads by David Butenhof
- Advanced CORBA Programming with C++ by M.Henning & S. Vinoski
- C++ Network Programming with ACE (Vol 1.) by D.Schmidt & S. Huston
- C++ Network Programming with ACE (Vol 2.) by D.Schmidt & S. Huston